1.17.2009

By the Numbers

1 dysfunctional gallbladder
2 infiltrated IVs that left me with puffy wrists
3 hours under the HIDA Scan (unsuccessfully) waiting for the radioactive tracer to enter my gallbladder
4 separate trips to the hospital
5 small abdominal incisions from the laproscopic surgery
6 doses of morphine to help control the pain and six doses of zofran to help control the nausea
7 painful attempts to start IVs (I could never be a heroin user.)
8 events (funeral, committee meeting, parent-teacher conference, dentist appointment, birthday party, etc.) that were missed while in the hospital
9 million times I had to state my full name and birthdate
10 years of abdominal pain coming to an end

11 comments:

The Ballard's said...

Happy Happy Day. I am so excited for you.

i'm h.mac said...

we saw steve tonight and he said you were doing good, glad to hear. it was so good to read derricks story, that is so amazing. what a great family you are and what a neat experience!

Rebecca said...

I am sure glad that is behind you!

Wishing you a speedy recovery in your new life sans gall bladder:)

Rebecca said...

Does this mean you can eat fatty foods now?

emily ballard said...

That's what I'm hoping. I can't wait to eat a plate of Tacos Al Pastor for the first time.

Amanda said...

Oh I'm sorry that you had to get poked so many times, but I am SOOOO glad that you finally got rid of that pesky little organ. Is this what made your weekend busy? Silly girl, I could have done something to help! I hope you're recovering well.

Jaime said...

Glad to hear it's over & all's well, but sorry you had to go through it all in the first place!

Mindy said...

Glad to hear that everything went well and that you're on your way to recovering :)

Melissa and Mitch said...

I'm so sorry i didn't know you had surgery. You should have let me know. I'm sure i could have helped some how. I'm so proud of you, bloggin and everthing. I hope you are feeling better. If you need anything let me know.

Josh said...

I cannot believe they poked you with an IV that many times... you are young and cannot possibly be that difficult of an IV start. Should have had a paramedic stop in and take care of that! Glad to know that is behind you though! I remember some of those abdominal maladies... remember mexico? We almost had to carry you back across the border. Maybe unrelated though.

Bridgett said...

Hooray for you it's out! Hope things are going better and that you never have another stomach ache again in your life.