2.13.2009

Waiting for Spring


A bunch of people were taking pictures of the ice at Hollywood Video on Harrison and 12th Street this morning, so I took a couple out the window while I was stopped at the light. Apparently, a waterline broke and sprayed water all over the store, causing quite a bit of damage.

I probably should have been able to analyze the situation and come to that conclusion immediately. . . but my first thought was that the poor store was frozen over because of its proximity to the mouth of Ogden Canyon. And it made me very thankful to have increased my distance from the mouth of Logan Canyon's harsh winter winds.

Anyone else happy that they don't ever have to walk across the Quad to get to another 7:30 AM class at Utah State?

But I do miss spending the afternoon eating bread ends on the TSC patio.

6 comments:

Debra said...

AMEN! Katie and I had a 7:30 class together our first year. We would walk up from Pineview then across the quad. I remeber thinking that was the coldest I'd ever been. Ya, don't miss that one bit.

Molly said...

i second that amen. taking a 7:00 am class at old main was the worst decision i ever made.

Kacie said...

I dont miss it either. Try being a music major (music bldg is RIGHT at the mouth of the canyon)....it sucked.

Kristin said...

Well I don't really know what it's like to walk across the Quad but I do hate the cold. I wish it was over.

Katie said...

Ah...that brings back memories....I have never received a worse grade than the class I had at 7:30 am my freshman year. I distinctly remember waiting at the bus stop for class and being so unbelievably COLD! Never been so miserable. Surprised I came back to Logan the next year....

Jodi said...

YES! Every time I think I miss going to school, I remember that exact thing! And I remember how many times I slipped on ice walking up the hill from Pineview... and how many people laughed at me every time I did! Good times!