3.13.2009

Wahoo!

I opened a letter addressed to Derrick today that made me cry. It said:

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

This is to notify you that your application for permanent residence has been approved. It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States.

. . . .

It has been four long years of legal paperwork, legal expenses, and more legal paperwork. Lucy was confused by my emotional response. She told me, "When I'm really happy, I don't cry, I start yelling like this, Wahoo! Wahoo! Wahoo!"

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I never met Derek, but I'm glad it has finally all worked out for you.

The Ballard's said...

That is perfect timing. We are glad he is here & that this part is over!!

Stephanie said...

Yay. I am so excited for you all. That is a big deal. I cry a lot too, but then I do as Lucy would do. My family calls it my "tiger scream" I love good news that is also emotional bliss! Congratulations to you all.

Rebecca said...

Wow! I am so excited! This is wonderful wonderful news! Yaaaaay!

Thanks for your comments and I will send you more Baby M pics....I'm so sorry I didn't send them before!

Jaime said...

Glad I'm not the only one who has emotion confusion. Congratulations!!

Kristin said...

I am happy for you guys!

maloufish said...

Awesome!