3.18.2009

She's finally here


At our house. And she'll be back again tomorrow and the day after that, too. I'm pretty sure she likes us. She gave Lucy a huge grin as soon as she saw her. She barely made a peep when I gave her a bath and likes to look at everything with her big, brown eyes.

The temporary custody orders that were put in place today say that Derrick gets to have Mykaeleigh at our house every weekday afternoon and overnight every Friday. That's a pretty good place to start.

Mothers are heavily favored in custody cases, especially with young babies, so Derrick was facing some difficult odds. They are likely to change after a custody evaluator assesses each of our homes. The temporary orders will be effective until the two parties come to an agreement or go to the final trial, which could be anywhere from three months to over a year away.

13 comments:

Haylee Munk Brown said...

She is adorable!!! Are you adopting her?

Debra said...

Yay!!! I'm sure she does like you guys! What a cutie! I can't wait to hold her. Tell Derek congrats. What a great early father's day!

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness!!! Yay!!! I'm so excited for you. That is a huge step. Derek must be thrilled!

Rebecca said...

She is SO adorable!

Tawnya said...

SHE IS SOOO CUTE...I am sure she is happy at your house :)

Karl said...

She is so beautiful! I just want to hold her!

Karl said...

Whoops . . . forgot to identify myself. It's Bethany.

Carol said...

I think she wants to come see her self-appointed Grandma in Logan. :) I wish Derrick and your entire family the very best in the coming months. She will love each one of you.

Bridgett said...

I'm so excited for you! This certainly seems like a good place to start. Can't wait to see the little cutie. She and Darwin will be good friends.

Katie said...

Congrats to all of you! You are all such a wonderful family, she's lucky to be a part!

thefestivusmiracle said...

That's good news. I know MaRea is dying to meet her.

Kyle

Molly said...

what a BEAUTY.

Morrells said...

She is such a doll! I love her hair! I hope all is going well with your family! We have got to get down there and try your Sonora Grill out! I've been wanting to forever! Someday soon! Crystal