5.20.2009

Out the Window

Lucy: I promised Derrick that I wouldn't tell you what I saw in his room.

Me: What did you see?

Lucy: But I promised.

Me: What did you see?

Lucy: I promised!

Me: You don't keep promises from your mom.

Lucy: Except for your birthday present?

Me: Right. What did you see?

Lucy: I have to show you. . . .















Five little kittens in the window well. Behind the blinds, right next to Derrick's bed.

He was planning to tell me next. Otherwise, he sure wouldn't have told Lucy.

5 comments:

The Ballard's said...

That is fantastic. Good for kids, bad for you. Just for the record, I had nothing to do with it:)

The Ballard's said...

I want the orange one. YOu know, if you feel like getting rid of them...

J&Jchambers said...

what are you going to do with them? Don't worry, I don't want one:) and I love your pictures from the trip.. Adam is so expressive.. it is cute!

Kristin said...

Phew glad it was kittens that sounded bad for a minute. They are very cute. Everyone is getting kittens these days. Poor Meow didn't even survive the neighborhood for a summer.

emily ballard said...

Sorry, folks, the kittens have already been picked up by the Ogden City Animal Shelter. I was going to pull them out and let the kids play with them for the afternoon, but Steve opposed.

This is the second time our house has hosted kittens. The poor momma cats need to pick a better home. One that is inhabited by pet lovers without allergies.