7.15.2009

The Foamerator




Looking for something fun to do with your kids?

You need The Foamerator!


Get some scissors, plastic water bottles, rubber bands, an old towel, dish soap, and a shallow bowl.

1. Cut the bottom off a plastic water bottle.

2. Cover the open end with a circular piece of towel that's a few inches wider than the bottle. Secure the towel with a rubber band.

3. Dampen the towel with water, then dip it into a shallow bowl of dish soap. Blow gently through the mouth of the bottle to create snakes of tiny bubbles.

4. If your kids are anything like mine, it should keep them occupied for a few hours. And if you are anything like me, you better make one for yourself too.

Want to watch it in action? Click HERE.

Want a sweet deal on a one-year subscription to Family Fun magazine, where I saw this nifty craft? Click HERE. For another four bucks, you might as well sign up for Backpacker magazine too.

5 comments:

Debra said...

I was just looking at this magazine at the dentists office. I was going to try it...did it work well? Looks like fun!

emily ballard said...

Super easy. Worked surprisingly well.

Jodi said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Angela said...

I somehow didn't have you on my google reader. So I just thought you were never posting. Well, come to find out I was just way behind. Don't worry I just ignored my kids, my personal hygiene and messy house to catch up on you life.

Ramanda said...

Wicked cool!!! I think it's gonna be a hit at the Nash house! Thanks for the idea!