8.10.2009

Carhartt's

Okay, folks. I'm hosting a little poll here.

We were sitting on our porch eating some apricot cobbler last night with Jared and Amanda and somehow ended up talking about how I used to dress like a boy. (Can you imagine?) Steve told them when he first met me that I used to wear Carhartt's a lot. They had no idea what he was talking about. And there was no recognition even after we showed them a pair. It was one of those Are you serious? moments.

I'll admit, Steve and I are probably extreme in our appreciation for Carhartt's. Steve currently has four pairs in his closet. We used to get teased for wearing matching Carhartt's. (So I finally bought him a grey pair so we didn't match too closely.) Steve was reprimanded by our supervisor in South Africa for wearing Carhartt's there. (They didn't look nice enough.) And yes, I've worn them to the grocery store. (But then again, we kind of camped a lot when we first got married.)

But I figured everyone knew what Carhartt's were. So Amanda told me to take a little poll on my blog. And then when when I assured her that everyone who went to Utah State or lived in Logan would know what they were, she decided she needed to host a little poll on her blog too.

So, prove me right, folks. Leave a comment and vote on the poll to the right and let me know if YOU know what Carhartt's are.

(I might even post some sweet pictures of me and Steve in our matching Carhartt's after the poll.)

13 comments:

Debra said...

Aaron currently has 4 pairs as well. and at least 3 hats. I don't remember you ever wearing them though, pic would be fun!

Jodi said...

I remember you sporting those in college and thinking...I want a pair of THOSE. But strangely, I haven't seen them since moving to Chico. What's wrong with you California?? Maybe we should open a store out here...hmm...

James and Jade Bethers said...

I gaurentee Carhartts are in any city that has a feed or sporting good store. They are comfy they are cute and I'll be darned if I don't have a pair myself!

Mindy S. said...

So, I have NEVER heard of Carhartts. Like Never. And I asked my cousin sitting next to me (she graduated from USU) if she knew what they were and she said "yes". I said - "How do you know what they are?" and she said cuz my husband loves them (wasn't cuz of USU after all and she's only been married for less than a year) and I said "You never heard of them before that?" and she said "No" so that is an illustrated way of saying Two votes for No, with one ammendment.

Rachel said...

Definitely have never heard of them. Just googled them, and still not sure what they are. You must provide a picture.

Jenny said...

Just bought Wade a pair for fathers day and he loves them!

The Conlins said...

I'm an old lady and know what Carhartts are! I even have black carhartt insulated bibs for winter chores and fun. I have a carharrt zippered hooded sweatshirt. Reed has a bunch of Carhartt wear as well. I love to look through the selection in IFA and Cal Ranch. They are good quality, sturdy, well-constructed clothing! One of our fellow missionaries last year had a son who was a distributor of Carhartt clothing so he wore lots of them.

Tash S. said...

R.J has a pair of Carhartts and they seemed like good pants. I have never owned them. I have seen them at Sportsman's Warehouse. Now everyone can run out and get them a pair or at least check them out. :)

Jill said...

I know what Carhartts are....and it's not because I have lived in Logan OR because I went to USU...I think I learned what they were after that ;o)

Anonymous said...

Of course I know what carharts are, I'm from Kansas
Stewart Gardner
p.s. Great blog emily

Aneesa Bee said...

Ha ha, how could you be a Malouf and NOT know what Carhartts are? I know what they are. I got Jake and Amy a pair of baby overalls for their first baby! And yes, I did know that was Audrey Young, who looks great by the way (in case she reads this )
Aneesa

Jessica Bradley said...

Sorry, no clue - but then I'm not really up on anything that's "in" I've been out of date most of my life. Jared knows what they are though - so that's one for you and one for Amanda!

Amanda said...

Seems like I am in pretty good company! I'm not AS strange as you thought I was after all?