8.05.2009

Our trip to Vernal for my high school reunion:


1. We saw the pink dinosaur (and the green one, and the orange one wearing a bikini).
2. We stayed at our favorite "hotel" in Vernal and ate chocolate pancakes for breakfast.
3. I got to see some long lost friends, like Tracie Jenkins.
4. The kids enjoyed doing "country" things, like looking for eggs in the chicken coop and watching a cat eat a mouse (photo taken by Rachel).
5. The girls got their faces painted, played at the park, and made some crafts.
6. I enjoyed the best snowcone in the world as I tried to ignore the fact that the kids accidentally dumped theirs out in the car within two minutes of getting them.

And then we came home.


Oh yeah, we also saw bizarre amounts of flowers on Main Street. Does anyone know the story and/or budget on them?

8 comments:

blakeandcourt said...

Sorry for spying on your blog, but since I am a "Vernal-ite" now I have to comment. Those snow cones are the best! So Yummy! And the flowers all over main,I am finding out, is because there is some rule for business owners that they have to have "green space" or I guess "flower space" in this instance or you get a fine. Our friends own a gas station and were late getting their's in and got fined. The city waters them though and I guess it's just a way to beautify main street.

Jenny said...

Um that cat eating the mouse/gopher/rat almost made me vomit in my mouth. If only I hadn't looked closer.

emily ballard said...

Courtney, so glad to hear someone knows the scoop on the flowers. I think they are a little out of control.

And Jenny, I'm not sure which is grosser: the cat eating the mouse or thinking about you vomiting in your mouth.

Jaime said...

Seriously- sick picture, but so awesome that your offspring chose to document such an occasion. And kudos to you for venturing to your 10 year. Mine was at Sonora a couple weeks ago & regrettably I missed it...

Ryanne said...

We'll be checking out those 'awesome' flowers next week when we visit Courtney and Blake. My kids also would be very excited about the can and mouse.

Aneesa Bee said...

I was so confused because I thought you graduated from Sky View. But then I realized that was Rebecca, right? Glad you had a good time. Were you the only grandma at the reunion :-)?

Lori said...

good on you for going to your 10th. i don't know if i'll be as brave.

Rachel said...

Ah, Vernal. So glad I got to come and visit you there during the summer of '07. Good times, good times.