9.15.2009

The Airplane Museum


Steve's dad, Richard, works at Hill Air Force Base. I believe his job is to order parts to fix planes. At some point, we must have told Rachel and Lucy that he actually fixes planes. Somehow, they have decided that he is personally responsible for physically fixing all of the planes that they see flying in the sky. They talk about it, casually, on a regular basis. We do not correct them.

Because of this, I've always thought it would be fun to have him take them to the Hill Aerospace Museum. After a couple of failed scheduling attempts, we finally went to the Airplane Museum on Saturday to commemorate Richard's 60th birthday.

I was really surprised by how large the museum was, but disappointed with the poor indoor lighting that was not conducive to taking pictures with my camera. The government should consider things like that, right? Rachel and Lucy love doing anything that involves their cousins, so they had a great time, but were actually a little less interested in the planes than I had expected. Adam loves seeing planes, he loves pointing to planes, and he loves shouting the word, plane. So, he had a wonderful time too. I think Derrick and Steve were probably the ones who learned the most about planes from walking next to Richard.


I'll admit, I may have been a little distracted. Maybe it's time for another round of professional pictures of Mykaeleigh so I don't feel compelled to keep taking so many pictures of her myself. And maybe I should have been snapping pictures of the birthday boy, but when you have a picture of your father-in-law wearing a pig nose, it kind of defeats the need for any other photos.


P.S. Did you know Victoria's Secret will not give you a bag unless you buy something from their store? Luckily, someone in the family had just stocked up on all sorts of goodies and was able to provide a bag for me. It was an extremely important part of our present and worth the effort when I heard Rachel tease him that we bought his present from "the lady store".

3 comments:

The Ballard's said...

I like the pictures.

James and Jade Bethers said...

I remember going to the airplane museum back in our b-ball days. Good times...good times!

Jaime said...

I LOVE that picture of M. on her dad's shoulders. Love it.