9.08.2009

Flat Ruby: Adam's New Girlfriend



Ever heard of Flat Stanley?

Well, Flat Ruby has been doing lots of things with our family lately over the last few days.

I got this darling picture of Ruby as a postcard, and Adam has decided that she is his new girlfriend. (Sorry, Keira.) He likes to take the picture with him everywhere we go.

He kind of treats it like a doll. I wipe his nose, he wipes Ruby's nose. I put Adam in his car seat, he puts Ruby in the empty car seat next to him. I even saw him rocking the picture to sleep and singing her a song.

I'm thinking Adam might have been feeling left out, since we spent the weekend oohing and ahhing over Mykaeleigh, who spent three nights at our house.

But Adam is a smart boy. He took the picture of Ruby to the bank this morning and asked the teller for another sucker for his girlfriend. She obliged, and he scored two Dum Dums.

I might just need another copy of that picture, Molly. Or do you suppose he needs a doll?

11 comments:

Mindy said...

I love that he upgraded his girlfriend for a dum dum. Smart boy :) Maybe he needs a cabbage patch doll...they make one that looks a lot like Adam.

Debra said...

K, I'm keeping this out of keira's sight. She would be crushed! We just need to get them together soon so he can remember his true feelings.

Katie said...

Ha! Love it...how sweet! Looks like Ruby and Adam need to get together for a play date!

P.S. How random that I know you and Molly from separate ways...small world.

blakeandcourt said...

Ahhh, young love! :) That is so cute.

Mindy S. said...

I love it! I love Flat Stanleys (yes plural) and I love Flat Ruby!
A doll? Naw, the picture is awesome, easy to carry, easy to replace if lost, fits anywhere (like Flat Stanley) and look how cute she is! Note to self: give my children pictures of other kids instead of buying them gifts, specifically dolls -- easy and a money saver.

Amanda said...

Ummmm, that's hilarious. I love it. Real girlfriends are over rated. They talk back. ;)
And yay for having the babe for 3 whole nights! How did you score?

Ryanne said...

How funny! My brother and I had cabbage patch dolls when we were little and we loved them! His was named Bob.

Rebecca said...

So cute! Love it! And btw...the link to Molly goes to the Sonora Grill site...

Rebecca said...

and that little smile in the first pic really reminds me of Talmage:)

emily ballard said...

Fixed the link.

And Steve says I can't get Adam a doll.

Molly said...

Ha ha... that is SO funny:) Seriously. If I would have known that postcard would have been loved so much... I would have sent ten! Hopefully we will see you on Tuesday night... I will make sure to throw a few extra in my bag, that one is looking pretty haggard!