9.29.2009

new shoes + boy = trouble

Adam got some new shoes. At least they were new for about two minutes. He ran in the front door, out the back door, and directly to his favorite muddy corner in the backyard. It was as if there was an irresistible magnetic force drawing his clean shoes to the mud.



In other news, we are all sick. Usually we pass colds around one at a time, but right now we all have the sniffles and coughs together. Am I the only one who gets a little excited when the kids start coughing because I can give them cough syrup and get an afternoon nap out of them? (There has to be a silver lining, right?)

Next time you are feeling under the weather, forget the chicken noodle soup and have a bowl of Campbell's V8 Southwestern Corn Soup. Sure, it's not as good as Sonora Grill's Tomato and Rice Soup, but this comes out of a box and I can eat it in my pajamas. Add a dollop of sour cream and some freshly ground pepper, and it's mighty tasty.

6 comments:

The Ballard's said...

For the record, he did try to warn you. He said he was going to the mud. I think it was funny.
That soup sounds good. I may have to try both. Hopefully we can get to dinner this weekend.

Debra said...

if only they made girl shoes this cute!

Rebecca said...

Sorry you guys are sick:(

I just loooooove that Tomato and Rice Soup at The Sonora Grill. Loooooove it!

Jaime said...

Sorry you guys are sick-- Cough syrup naps all around for sure!!
And where did you get Adam's cute shoes?! I need to get P some shoes. Getting a little cold for flip flops...

Language Blog said...

I hope you get better soon!

Min D said...

I am sick too. I think you gave it to me. I think I caught it while reading your blog. Quick recovery to us both (and the kids too I guess).

- Mindy S