10.22.2009

Swine Flu Hysteria

These pictures show the line of people at the Weber-Morgan Health Department this morning at 8:30 am. Actually, they only show a very small portion of the line. The entire line went from the southwest entrance of the building to the north side of the building, east along the sidewalk to Adams Avenue, south to 24th Street, and then around the corner headed west, halfway to Washington Boulevard.


The H1N1 clinic was supposed to run from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, but this sign went up right at 8:30 am:



My awesome friend, whose identity may need to be concealed to protect her safety and well-being, administered the H1N1 mist to my kids last night. At our house. She said she walked out of work holding the vaccines in her hand, but then got a little nervous that carrying them in plain view might be a little dangerous.

(Thanks again. I feel super lucky.)

4 comments:

thefestivusmiracle said...

I never got diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure I'm just getting over it. The darn thing lasted for a week and a half. Got me pretty mild though.
Kyle

Josh M said...

That is crazy. Those people are more likely to get the flu from being in that line with a couple hundred other people than by staying home. I am a believer in vaccines, but wow. That's worse than Best Buy on the day after Thanksgiving (a mistake I will never make again). You have some friend there....

Lori said...

ha! if that's the same unidentified friend i'm thinking 10 points to her.

that's insane. i heard about the crazy lines. we lucked out here in ATL. our peds office got a batch and we were lucky enough to be in the first round of kids/parents to receive the vaccine.

@udj said...

we're not convinced to get the vaccine. i'd be interested in your view.