12.18.2009

One year ago today

I was driving the kids to Salt Lake to go to Discovery Gateway for the afternoon. Until I got a phone call from Derrick saying that Mykaeleigh had been born.

We turned around and I dropped the kids off at Debra's house and went up to the hospital with a very apprehensive/nervous/sensitive Derrick.

Understandable. I shared many of the same emotions and I wasn't nineteen. Or the father.


(You can't tell from the pictures, but her lips were red enough that she definitely should have been named Ruby. I hope you can tell from the photo above that Derrick fell in love with her immediately.)

And today, on Mykaeleigh's birthday, we finally made it back to Discovery Gateway to play.


(After trying to eat all of the food, Mykaeleigh was very disappointed that none of it was real.)

I am pretty lucky. I have one of the cutest granddaughters in the world. And I am also lucky to have a very responsible son who is a wonderful father. As for myself, I have learned a lot over the past year. And that's all I am going to say about that.

5 comments:

J&Jchambers said...

she is seriously the cutest little girl ever! I have never been to discovery Gateway but it looks awesome!

Debra said...

looks like a fun birthday for the cute thing. I finally gave in and bought the converse for keira...I think they are the same ones, super cute. Happy Birthday beautiful girl!

blakeandcourt said...

Look at her walking! She seems so much older than Brooke and they are only a day apart! I can't imagine taking Brooke to Discovery Gateway and her being interested in it. I love her hair btw, it's the cutest thing ever!

Angela said...

She is so cute. I just wanted to say that I am so happy that you started you blog. I love reading it. I never comment but I am reading and I love it.

Lori said...

wow! I can't believe it's been a year. craziness. she's so darn cute.