12.21.2009

The Party

We had a little birthday party for Mykaeleigh on Saturday. Someday I will get the good pictures off of my father-in-law's camera, but this is what I got with mine.



Mykaeleigh opened her gifts (a big slide, a pass to the Treehouse Museum, some stuffed barnyard animals, bath toys, a toy teapot set, a photo book from her first year, bibs, and toddler utensils.) And then we ate cupcakes.

I made Luscious Lemon Cupcakes (usually made as a bundt cake.) And since Audrey will probably call and ask for the recipe again, I will just go ahead and post it here.

Luscious Lemon Bundt Cake
from the Essential Mormon Celebrations Cookbook

1 yellow cake mix
1 small (3-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup vegetable oil

Pour into a greased Bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve topped with Lemon Sour Cream Sauce and fresh strawberries or raspberries.

I hadn't ever used the Lemon Sour Sauce recipe from the book, but I did this time, and it turned out more like a glaze, which worked out for the cupcake version. I usually mix up whipping cream, sour cream, tons of grated lemon peel, lemon juice, and powdered sugar and put a big spoonful on top of each slice of cake. It is so good you might want to double the recipe.

Then we took all of the kids to the Treehouse Museum. Thanks to everyone who came and a special thanks to those who hacked away at the ice on our stairs so nobody fell down them!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like it was fun! I meant to ask if you'd been able to celebrate. Glad you were!

cathy said...

She is beautiful! I'm going to try making those cupcakes-ummm lemon frosting.

P90X Group said...

What a cute little girl!

The Ballard's said...

Was your dad the "ice chipper"? So wish we could have been there. We loved having her all to ourselves:) She is adorable & Derrick is a darling Daddy.

J&Jchambers said...

she is so cute.. i got to see in person and i wanted to take her home with me!!

blakeandcourt said...

We had Brooke's b-day party on Saturday too. Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Thanks for recipe, I'll have to try those yummy looking cupcakes!

Lisa said...

I'm making that cake. Hey I found the mutha load of Nutella. Costco. I had to buy a Costco card just so I could drive to Ogden every so often and buy bulk Nutella. It comes in a 2 pack of 26.5oz. each for about $8.00. It is a super great deal. If you don't have a Costco card I'll let you know the next time I'm making a Costco Nutella run and we'll get Steve some. You have got to try a Squashy Joshy. Great Harvest White bread, peanut butter on one side, nutella on the other and mini marshmallows in the middle, grilled like a grilled cheese. Yummmmmmmy! Merry Christmas!!

@udj said...

cute pictures. you are such a great mother and grandmother. and mykaeleigh as always, is so cute. thanks for posting the recipe, you know i would have called for it again. just one more thing i love about you.

Callisters said...

She is so cute! I love her hair...

Jodi said...

You are the coolest grandma ever! And what an adorable, photogenic little girl. She should be on postcards and calendars. Great picture taking! Thanks for the recipe!

ferardandy said...

seriously she should be a baby model. those photos are so cute.