12.31.2009

Three Days. Three Movies.

I wouldn't consider myself much of a movie person, but I did just go to three movies in three days. Wow. Thanks to everyone who gave me gift cards to the Megaplex for Christmas. I guess I'm not one to let money (or gift cards) burn a hole in my pocket.


First was a date to Sherlock Holmes with Steve. And Tyler, Angie, Tyler, and Rebecca. It was Steve's pick. I hadn't seen any trailers for the movie and went in not knowing anything about it. It was kind of like an action/adventure movie version of the television show, Lie to Me. I was pleasantly surprised.


Next was The Princess and the Frog for Ellie's birthday party. If your boys are anti-princess, you can still take them to see this movie. They will actually spend most of the film watching frogs, not princesses. And yes, I think Disney went a little too far with the whole voodoo thing.

Adam sat perfectly still for the first half of the movie (it was a 7:50 pm showing) and spent the second half walking back and forth to opposite sides of the theater. But we were in good company, so we had a great time.



Yesterday, for Craft Day, we went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel with Angie and gang. Those folks at Fox have figured out how to make kids laugh. Rachel walked out and exclaimed, fully animated, "That was awesome!" Gracie declared it the best movie she had ever seen. And lucky for me, my kids learned all of the lines, so it's like I'm listening to this movie over and over again all day long.

We are taking a break from the theater today (we spent all of our gift cards.) So, we're off to see the magic show at the Treehouse Museum.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Congrats on your Mac. We are going to see Princess and the Frog today. Caleb thinks it's going to be cool that a princess is going to turn into a frog.

Molly said...

Wow... three in three days... you mean business.

Last week... I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks and Avatar in the same day... that is almost as impressive.

Thanks for stopping in iFLY today... your kids crack me up.

Rebecca said...

Molly...do you own/work at iFly or something?

Mommy Named Meg said...

Sounds fun I love going to movies. Kirk and I went on Saturday to see Avatar. It was cool. It had also been over a year since I saw a movie in the theater with just Kirk. So that was nice too.