1.12.2010

My boy

Has been difficult lately. I've tried just about everything, and have decided that the solution is quite simple. He needs more time outside and less time inside, where he climbs up, and then subsequently, jumps down off EVERYTHING.

Too bad it's so cold (and hazy) outside.

Since there are still many months of bitter temperatures to come, I need to find more ways to keep him active inside, without destroying our home. Any suggestions?

He is enjoying the new slide Mykaeleigh got for her birthday, but I'm thinking our next house needs one of these stair slides, as seen on Say Yes to Hoboken.

6 comments:

Kacie said...

sliding down the stairs in sleeping bags....

Our Jumpolene finally broke but I REALLY want to get another one.

Debra said...

visiting the Hartmans...going to the playplace at chick-fil-a (They were brilliant when they didn't make any place to sit and eat in the same area), so kids could be screaming and the parents sit oblivious. Good luck.

blakeandcourt said...

Have you ever seen the blog: No Time for Flashcards? I don't know if Adam would be into that stuff, but she comes up with pretty creative, kid-friendly, educational activities for kids to do. Sorry I'm not better help.

Jenny said...

I wish I would have seen that before we built. It would have been awesome!

@udj said...

I've seen that picture before and really want to implement it someday, even if I'm a grandma by that time. Do you have any big bean bags (a love sac kind of thing). Kids can jump off the couch, stairs, or whatever onto them, and they can be a part of obstacle courses in the basement. Be sure to share what you come up with. We all need some ideas, maybe not as severe as you, but we get cabin fever, and the kids get anxious.

Molly said...

that IS awesome but for some reason that slide still does not look super safe to me:) knowing ruby she would try to go down standing up and then fly onto the stairs...