1.27.2010

She won

We generally struggle to make it to school by 8:30 am, so when Rachel asked me if she could join her school choir, I told her no. (Choir starts at 7:20 am.)

I had seen the sign at school advertising that choir members with weekly attendance get to go to Fat Cats at the end of the school year. I told her if she was just joining so she could go to Fat Cats, I would take her there myself. She left for school crying.

Steve suggested that she write me a note saying why she wanted to be in the choir. She came home and handed me this:


She won. And she probably should have been my father's daughter.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

That is so cute. She makes a good point :)

i'm h.mac said...

g has loved choir. i do hate early mornings, but it is so great when they are happy to wake up in the morning because they love it!

The Clawson"s said...

Good mom! That's one determined little girl.

AngelaW said...

Good Job Rachel. Choir is cool!

p.s. Happy Birthday Emily!

The Ballard's said...

Love the "cool" reasons. She is funny.

Rebecca said...

Ahhhhh! I love that Rachel.

Lori said...

rachel and jj would be excellent friends. we should pen pal them up.

Jacqui said...

Very cute and clever! Good for her...I'm glad she won. I can't wait to see video of one of the concerts.