2.26.2010

Las Vegas 2010

Eight months ago, Angie & Mike and Steve & I went to a WorldMark presentation to earn a free trip to Vegas. We just returned from our fabulous three-day trip, which really was fabulous, minus the unusually cold temperatures.

While we were in Las Vegas, we listened to another timeshare presentation and earned 2 tickets to the top of the Stratosphere, 2 tickets to American Superstars (my very first Vegas show), 2 certificates to the Stratosphere buffet, and a $50 Discover card. Those high-pressure sales presentations seem to be harder on the husbands. They came out a little agitated, while Angie and I were quite entertained by the whole fiasco. Good times.

If you think you don't like Las Vegas, you need to go with Steve. I think it's appropriate to have a love-hate relationship with Vegas, but if you flat out don't like it, you just need a new tour guide. Before I got married, I had spent a grand total of two hours in Las Vegas. Now we go every year. Sometimes we go to watch NASCAR, but usually just to eat good food. Lots and lots of good food. There is so much to see and do in Las Vegas, we can never keep up with everything. On our list for next year: SkyJump at the Stratosphere, Cirque Du Soleil, and LAVO.





P.S. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Richard & Gloria for watching our kids!

8 comments:

cathy said...

Awesome pictures of the food! I'm hungry-what were the drink things? I need to check out Steve's side of Vegas, it's been a long time.

The Ballard's said...

Awesome post. Thanks for the trip, it was remarkable!!

Anonymous said...

I love Vegas, even for the wrong reasons:)!

MaRea

blakeandcourt said...

Sounds really fun! We love Vegas for the food too. We love the seafood buffet at the Rio. Yummy!

Rebecca said...

Oh that looks so fun and tasty! But I think you are crazy for wanting to jump off the Stratasphere...that looks way scarier than jumping out of an actual plane...I have done the drop thing on the stratosphere and that was such a rush!

Thanks for playing today! We had so much fun!

Are you going to share you news about the award SG got?

Ryanne said...

Sounds like a great yearly tradition. I love the picture of you lying on the grass.

Mrs B said...

We're going at the end of the month. You should email me a list of places to eat & things Steve would recommend doing! I totally have a love/hate relationship with the place, but usually have a good time...
Angie's hair is sooo cute. Tell her for me. :)

Amanda said...

Did I just read that right? Did Cirque make your list of things to do? ;)
Glad you had a good time. The food does look amazing.