6.23.2010

A Close Second & Why We Love Logan in the Summertime

We went up to Logan last Thursday. Lucy said it was almost the best day of her life, which prompted me to hurry and document the best day of her life. It is significant to note (and quite amazing) that our trip to Logan took a close second because she started the day with a fever, a sore throat, a puffy face, and a very sore neck. (Symptoms that led us to suspect another round of CMV.) Our first stop in Logan was at the pediatrician office. By the time we left her appointment, she was already starting to feel better. No CMV, hurray!

Our next stop was Grandpa's house. I love my grandpa. And I love his garden. They are two of the things I miss most about Logan. He was ready and waiting with small boxes of raisins for each of the kids. His garden it growing nicely, and, as usual, his plants are all much larger than mine. The humongous blue spruce that gave Steve the opportunity to win over my grandpa when first started dating has now been replaced with a little swing set, which was a big hit with the kids.




Our next stop was over to the grounds of the Logan Tabernacle for Summerfest. I love Summerfest. We walked around and looked at all of the booths, made crafts in the art tent, ate taco salads from the Cafe Sabor stand, and enjoyed some cotton candy.


We stopped by my uncle's office to say hi and get my cousin's phone number. He gave us her number. . . and invited us to go canoeing with them. We're getting pretty good at meeting up with him at precisely the right time to get invited on boating adventures. Lucky us! So off to First Dam we went for some canoeing.





The kids took turns going out on the canoe and the kayak in various combinations.




Mykaeleigh quacked at the ducks and tricked me into chasing her around. Everywhere.



Rachel went out on a boat solo for her first time ever. And can you see how much better Lucy is feeling?


Uncle Ray was determined to talk Adam into a canoe ride, but Adam was being stubborn and wouldn't get in the boat. He was perfectly happy wading into the water up past his thighs, but no boat. I was pretty surprised when I heard my grandpa pull in and toot his horn. Yes, my 95-year old grandpa still drives.

Throw in a visit with Rachael Bennett and a farewell visit with the Nunns complete with homemade chocolate chip cookies, and there you have it: almost the best day of Lucy's life.

4 comments:

Hess said...

What a fun post. Thanks for reminding me, why I love Logan TOO:)!

@udj said...

I miss Logan too. Does Carissa live here now?

Ramanda said...

What a treasure to have your grandpa alive and so active! Makes me miss my gramps. I hopw it doesn't take me til I am 95 to figure out how to grow an amazing garden! Love your blog! It makes me smile!

Aneesa Bee said...

Oh how fun!!! I heard Carissa was in town--but only after she left--oops. I love seeing your fun days. I'm glad Lucy reminds you to document them so we can all enjoy them.