11.13.2010

Lost Shirt


I get really upset when I lose something. Not only because the item is missing, but because I start feeling apprehensive/frustrated/upset about the apparent state of disorder in my life that has made it possible to lose something.

I have been looking for my favorite shirt for weeks. It has really bothered me that I can't find it. Anywhere.

I just remembered that it was of the the fatalities when the housekeeper at our hotel in Phoenix threw away our laundry.

I will stop looking for it. And be happy that my life, apparently, is not that disorderly.

Remembering that story made me laugh.

2 comments:

The Ballard's said...

Weeks? Since the end of August? Wow. I am so sorry. I hate to loose things. I am sorry that you will not ever get it back. Hopefully you can get a new favorite...

emily ballard said...

I lost it. . . or rather it was thrown away. . . in August 2009. But I forgot it was gone and tried to find it to pack for our trip to Las Vegas. I looked everywhere and couldn't figure out where it had disappeared to.

Remember how I haven't caught up on laundry since that trip? I thought it must be somewhere in that black hole, otherwise known as the laundry room. But it's gone. . .