11.01.2010

Smells at Church



Most mornings with Adam start out something like this. . .

Adam: Mmmoooooommmmmm. I'm hungry. Can I have ice cream for breakfast?
Me: No.
Adam: But I'm really, really sick and ice cream will make me feel better.
Me: You can have cereal, oatmeal, or toast.
Adam: Then I don't like you.
Me: That's okay, I still love you.
Adam: No! If I say I don't like you, then you say you don't like me.
Me: But I always love you.
Adam: I don't like you, Mom!
Me: I think that makes Heavenly Father sad when you say that.
Adam: Hmmph.

(And then he picks oatmeal.)

But this morning went like this. . .

Adam: Good morning, Mom.
Me: Good morning, Adam. You're happy today.
Adam: Yep. I love you Mom.
Me: Thanks, Adam!
Adam: Does that make Heavenly Father happy?
Me: Yes, I think it does.
Adam: Hey, Mom. I didn't see Jesus Christ at church yesterday.
Me: Yeah, you usually can't see him there. But when you are reverent, you can feel the Holy Ghost.
Adam: Mom! I smelled the Holy Ghost at church!
Me: (Laughing. Partly because Adam is funny. And partly because I smelled something at church yesterday too. But I'm quite certain it wasn't the Holy Ghost.)

7 comments:

Debra said...

That kid is funny! When can he come make me laugh some more??

i'm h.mac said...

now that is FUNNY!

Rebecca said...

That's so cute:)

MaRea Hess said...

What a creative little boy!

Amanda said...

Lol. That's hilarious. I like him.
And I'm pretty sure what you smelled was Max. When I picked him up from nursery yesterday his pants were so full his crotch was hanging at his knees. Ummmm I guess the smell didn't bother them enough to come find us to change his bum.

Molly said...

ha ha! how funny!

ruby usually wants mac'n'cheese for breakfast... i tell her that mac'n'cheese is not a breakfast food and i tell her she can have cereal, toast, or an egg... then she chooses one of them, changes her mind after i have already made one of them... i make the other one (because i just want her to eat) and then she doesn't eat either of them!! everyday.

Aneesa Bee said...

ha ha LOL. Malachi wants to know why I'm laughing. I love kids. They really see it like it is, you know?