12.22.2010

One of those days

Do you ever have one of those days where you have a million things to do and can't figure out how in the world you are going to fit it all in. And then you get sick and accomplish absolutely nothing?

That was yesterday.

I was looking forward to being ready for Christmas a little early (earlier. . . as in before 3:30 am) this year. But I still have the second half of the Christmas cards to address and mail, neighbor gifts to deliver, stockings stuffers to prepare, and other really fun stuff, like laundry so my family has clean clothes to wear. (Overrated.)

And if I ever find my camera charger, I might share some new pictures of fun things we've been up to. . . like Kaleigh's birthday party and a wonderful Ballard Family Dinner that turned into an early Christmas for the kids.

Until then, I'll leave you with some wonderful news for all fans of Burt's Bees lip balm. Western Family has come out with this generic version of Beeswax Natural Lip Balm. I bought a twin pack at Macey's the other night for some ridiculously low price like $1.29. And it's wonderful.

7 comments:

Aneesa Bee said...

I have days like that sometimes. I used to feel guilty about all the stuff I'm wasn't getting done. But lately, I've felt more of a realization that most of that stuff really was just optional, and I'm amazed that life just goes on without it ever getting done. It's always an eye opener. Good Luck! And I'm excited about the beeswax balm.

Callisters said...

I think I need to copy and paste this on my blog because that is exactly how I feel!

Rebecca said...

I'm with Aneesa:) I got to the point where I pretty much never got 90% of the things done that I thought needed to be done and was amazed that it didn't really matter. Sanity first:) And I love getting Christmas cards after Christmas...it makes Christmas last longer. It can actually be a good thing because then you can use them as thank you cards too:)

Lori said...

love it.

Min said...

Let me know if I can address envelopes - I love doing that. I love wrapping too, so let me know if I can do any of that. I'd help on the laundry but most people don't like "strangers" doing their laundry understandably. AND any time you need filing done, that's my favorite. Sorry you've been ill, hope you get better and have a great Christmas.

Min said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Min said...

AND I really don't know why it posts my comments twice and then I have to delete one of the duplicates and then everyone wonders what I said and why I deleted it.