1.14.2011

Fall Family Pictures

Andrea Hanks took some family pictures for us clear back in November. We expected a beautiful sunny day, but didn't get one. The lighting was not-so-good, and the whole time she kept telling me they weren't going to turn out and we could go try for some more the next week. But I knew what sort of magic she was capable of, and told her they would be just fine.

And then I told her I wasn't in a hurry for them, I just wanted to be able to use the family shot for our family Christmas card. She got busy with some big projects, her little daughter got really sick while her husband was out of town, and I ended up sending out the Christmas card shot, unedited. But she finally got the face-swapping done on our family shot, so here they are, our fall family pictures.


Pictures can be a bit of a hassle, but I'm really happy with the shots she captured of our family. (Plus this bonus shot of me and my hermana.)

8 comments:

Lori said...

they turned out awesome!

Ryanne said...

Those are really good. I love the colors you all wore. Guess they were definitely worth the wait!

Kyle Hess said...

They turned out wonderful, such a cute family:)!

MaRea

Joanie said...

Emily, you look absolutely beautiful! You guys look like you were having a lot of fun. And I love the matching blue on your kids. Cute family!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful. That really was the perfect day to take pictures with the leaves like that just before it snowed and got cold. I really love the pictures of you and Steve. You should use the close-up one as your profile picture and you could crop Steve out if you just wanted it to be you. That is a great picture of you. I also love the head shots of Derrick and the far right picture of Derrick and Kaleigh is so sweet. I think you should blow up the black and white one of the kids on the tree trunk and the last one of them holding hands and walking away. Maybe one of those will be the perfect thing for over the couch? You could do it for pretty cheap if you just mounted it and then you wouldn't need to get a frame and you could do it whatever size you wanted.

Amanda said...

Love them. You all look fab!

J&Jchambers said...

these are amazing.. your kids are so cute and happy!! She is a good photographer!

Just Mom and Me said...

Oh I love these pictures.. such a cute family!