3.10.2012

Just Going for a Walk

Derrick told me he was taking Kaleigh for a walk.

I couldn't help but laugh (and run out for a quick picture) when I looked outside and saw them coming up the sidewalk:


Kaleigh doesn't look very happy, but it's only because she's not always a fan of posing for pictures. She was plenty amused by riding around the block in our folding wheelbarrow. I'm guessing that most of the people who saw them were amused as well; Derrick said they got plenty of funny looks.

For some reason, it reminded me of the time Derrick decided he was going to run the half marathon. Steve had his doubts, but I printed him out a training schedule. Derrick got home from working a sixteen-hour day and decided it was time to start running. He didn't have any running shoes (or clothes), so he jogged around Washington Boulevard, 36th Street, and Harrison in his baggy cargo shorts and Air Jordans. At midnight.

Steve told him he was surprised that he didn't get pulled over. Derrick said he passed two policemen, but he just smiled and waved at them.

And then we just about died laughing when we saw what he had packed in the backpack that he took on his four-mile run: a liter of water, a gallon-ziplock sized first aid kit, some snacks, and the largest, heaviest Maglite we own. I suppose he could have used it as a weapon?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

hahaha! I love the story about D's midnight run!! Did you go get your flower??

The Clawsons said...

Let me know how the two citrus salads are combined. It sounds lovely!

Natalie B. said...

That is hilarious!

blakeandcourt said...

When first saw the pic, I thought he had a jogging stroller upside down :) a folding wheelbarrow is awesome! I want one!