3.22.2013

MALS: Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome

It's been two years since my celiac artery bypass. And because information about MALS is still so sparse, I decided to link all of my posts together in one place, to make them easier for other people to find. 

In retospect, there are definitely parts of these posts that I am tempted to alter. Steve laughs about how we looked at our calendars and planned a time to intentionally induce a gallbladder attack. And how I naively thought my celiac artery bypass was going to immediately correct fifteen years of digestive problems. Or when I confidently thought I had just had my last surgery. . . two surgeries ago. But here they are, raw and unedited. 

Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal):
By the Numbers, written January 17, 2009

Pre-Diagnosis and Trying to Live a Normal Life: 
One of those days, written December 22, 2010
Christmas Review 2010, written December 29, 2010

My Diagnosis of MALS: 
A New Diagnosis and Upcoming Surgery written February 9, 2011

Celiac Artery Bypass:
The Surgery, written March 15, 2011
The Incision, written March 15, 2011
The ICU, written March 15, 2011
The Hospital, written March 17, 2011
The Miracles, written March 31, 2011
The Husband, written April 6, 2011
The Kids, written April 6, 2011

Recovery: 
The Update, written April 11, 2011

Staph Infection: 

Recovery: 
Another Update, written May 5, 2011

Wound Sinus Surgery: 
Things Happen for a Reason, written June 8, 2011

Laparoscopic Adhesiolysis: 

Recovery and Back to Real Life: 
Thursday: Welcome Back to Real Life, written November 22, 2012

No comments: