5.11.2013

Freaky Friday

The Activity Day girls and their mothers were invited to night of "freaky fun and food" with our stake. The theme of the activity was based on the 2003 Disney movie, "Freaky Friday". Mothers were supposed to come dressed as their daughters, and daughters were supposed to come dressed as their mothers. 

Rachel and Lucy dressed up as different versions of me: 


It shouldn't be hard to figure out which daughter I dressed up as: 


Yes, that's Lucy's sweater that I am wearing. And her shoes. (She wears one size smaller than me, so my feet were a little scrunched.)

I think this picture of Rachel and Eliza is great. Saren and I should put on those same clothes and pose for the same picture someday:


I told Rachel she needed to wear my Junior League name tag. If she would have had that on and my red Junior League bag, we might have won the "costume contest". Lucy texted Steve while we were being judged. "This is really fun. I am just texting to make me look like mom."


 Eliza and Saren won 2nd place! Eliza's new bangs were perfect.


They looked great!


We took photos, made a craft, had Chinese food for dinner, and played a game. They asked ten questions, and we had to answer them in one column for ourselves and in another column for our daughters. Then we compared answers to see how well we knew each other. Lucy is pretty vocal about the things she likes, so I got almost all of the questions about her correct. But Rachel was really the only one who played the game with me; Lucy was buy running laps around the gym.

1. What if your favorite color?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What is your favorite place to go out to dinner?
4. What is your favorite movie?
5. What is your favorite season?
6. Are you more afraid of spiders or snakes?
7. Would you rather do laundry or clean the bathroom?
8. What is your biggest pet peeve?
9. What is your greatest strength?
10. What is your favorite book?

It was far easier to guess Lucy's answers than my own. And sometimes when you're put right on the spot, you don't think very clearly. I said that my biggest pet peeve was booger eaters. But I think most people are disgusted by that, so I definitely should have answered untrimmed fingernails.

Rachel's pet peeve was pretty easy for me to answer. She has recently diagnosed herself with misophonia, a neurological disorder where people are irrationally bothered by the sounds other people make while eating, breathing, etc. (The irony is that Rachel is a loud eater, a loud breather, and she almost constantly hums to herself.) It has recently come to my attention that Rachel lines the toilet seat with toilet paper. . . at HOME! And then I heard her asking Steve if it's possible to breathe in the same air that has been exhaled by someone else. She clearly has some issues with germs.

For the question on "What is your greatest strength?" I answered patience. When we were comparing answers, Rachel laughs, "What? You are not actually very patient. But you are a good trip planner!" Hmmmm.

I couldn't come up with an answer for my favorite movie, so later that night I was trying to think of what my favorite movie really is. I'm not much of a movie person anyway, but to me, your favorite movie is one that you would want to watch over and over again. During my high school and college years, I would have answered Strictly Ballroom, Knotting Hill, Best in ShowSuperstar, (or maybe even Galaxy Quest.) I guess I like mockumentaries? Steve says that I actually have a social obligation to watch some of the modern classics. So please, tell me. . . what's YOUR favorite movie???

Anyhow, it was such a fun idea for an activity. And I was happy to meet some of the girls in our new ward.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

awesome! You look great in purple! Yes! I want to see a pic of you and Saren in the same outfits!!!

Karen said...

What a great activity!

lastott said...

It was a fun activity. I loved how you fit into Lucy's clothes and her shoes. Awesome. Favorite movie hmmm well I answered Gone With The Wind. Definitely not modern, but classic. I also really loved the new Les Mis.