9.26.2013

Roasted Beets

This would look way better if it was a beet from the garden with beautiful greens. But it's not. I bought it at the store. 


And then I peeled it with a potato peeler:


And then I cut it up into quarter-inch thick slices:


And then I set them out on a cookie sheet and drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled on some kosher salt:


So they looked like this: 


(What? You don't keep your olive oil in a squeeze bottle? You should.)

Then I baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for maybe 45 minutes or an hour until they looked like this:


And then I ate them. All by myself.

I love beets. 

I made some last week and took a plate to my friend, Saren. As I was walking down the street to her house, I passed a policeman who rolled down his window and asked, "Whatcha got there, some ice cream?" 

"No. They're roasted beets." I told him. 

"What did you say?" he asked. 

"Roasted beets."

"Ummm. . . okay."

He really didn't know what to say to that. 

1 comment:

@udj said...

You know, I LOVE BEETS as well. No wonder we are friends.