12.19.2013

Mykaeleigh is FIVE

So strange not to have this cute girl with us on her birthday: 


But I think it's pretty safe to say that she was excited that we surprised her at preschool: 


She gave Adam a hug a great hug, just like this one with Lucy, but I wasn't fast enough to pull out my phone:


I wish I would have taken my camera with me, but these are better than nothing:


We sure miss Mykaeleigh. It is hard, trying to figure out what my role is right now.

I just hope she knows how much we love her.


We have enjoyed some great birthdays with her over the past four years:

4th Birthday party at the hotel 

3rd Birthday in California

2nd Birthday party at McDonald's

1st Birthday party at the Treehouse Museum

And I am also very thankful that we were able to see her at the hospital the day she was born

Only time will tell what the future holds. . . in the meantime, I am thankful for her good school. I am thankful for her smile. And I am thankful for her apparent resiliency. 

. . . . . . 

P.S. Happy Birthday to my beautiful niece, Gracie. As of today, she is a teenager!!!

No comments: